doma25

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sump idea:
on the right a small chamber were the two over flows go into one large filter bag, then a nice size protein skimmer area, followed by the biggest chamber for a refuge, then the last chamber a return pump. i can put media in the protein skimmer chamber.

pictures correspond, please any advice would be great.

Attachments

• get-attachment-1.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment-1.aspx.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 116
  • get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 114

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I personally like the return in the middle. I like slow flow through fuge and you won't have any control of flow through your fuge. Have a return on either side of sump, one for fuge and one for skimmer, both overflow into the center with return pump.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
This is the sump I designed/built using a 40Breeder for my 65 setup. As Thirty5 has said it's real nice to have a separate drain that feeds the fuge w the retun in the middle. The right side of my sump was the Fuge fed from one split of the drain w flow controlled by a ball valve. The left side fed into a sock and than the skimmer sat in that section. The return was in the middle w a takeoff for doing water changes as well as being able to feed 2 reactors if I wanted to. I LOVED this sump.

Attachments

• aefc1740-5e8e-a0cc.jpg
    aefc1740-5e8e-a0cc.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 86

doma25

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love your sump setup! I want to see more, if anyone can help me figure out how to have another drain etc even if you can make a stupid little diagram? i have flex rubber tubes now, should i do a total revamp with pvc or not worth the time? I need advice!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: