A

Anonymous

I worked for a company making bubble less surges back in 98, nothing new. We used proprietary software and control boxes to activate both single ball valves and three way ball valves to "dump" the surge. http://www.advancedtidalsystems.com/

All ready I have given more info the the OG poster. Telling us it's air driven means very little, is it a butterfly valve, ball valve, etc? FWIW many of us aren't looking to even make the thing, but we'd like to know how it works :)

A Chinese Patent? That reaks of "military intelligence" :lol:

MintMint

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All queries noted. Allow me to make some statements:

Q1.’is this guy related to the Turf Scrubber dude?

Ans : No

Q2.’ Thanks for the link. But according to that page, in order to view the explanatory pages, we are required to download and install some software from the Chinese government. Thanks, but no thanks’

Ans : This an official government page. If you are thinking of something tricky, oh God, do you think the same to your own or any other countries?

Q3. ‘Tunze didn't have a US patent on it? I wasn't aware people were cloning the wavebox for commercial purposes although I do recall Tunze pumps being cloned, perhaps they also have a wavebox, they are cloning it for personal usage however because the idea is rather simplistic.
Although if you have a patent I doubt that'll stop anyone from cloning what you have if it works, is viable and cheap enough to make a profit, hell you're from China right? How many products have they cloned?

Ans : Good point. However, pls try to search on the web. A good example is go to “www.HKSaltfish.com ” and you can see the fact on Tunze wavebox duplication. You can order one for under 100USD. I will try to give out a thread for your reference later.
As I said earlier, DIYers are not a problem, I don’t mind anyone to try that on their own setup but it would be a whole different thing in the commercial world. We are all well aware of piracy and cloning, although a patent is not bullet proof, it does have the values for their existence, agree?I have shown the path and concept for any DIYer to start.

In case anyone is still eager on the patent issue, pls see attached photo on the HONG KONG patent.

Cheers

Attachments

• 專利2_2.JPG
    專利2_2.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 441

MintMint

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GreshamH":1xvatia0 said:
I worked for a company making bubble less surges back in 98, nothing new. We used proprietary software and control boxes to activate both single ball valves and three way ball valves to "dump" the surge. http://www.advancedtidalsystems.com/

All ready I have given more info the the OG poster. Telling us it's air driven means very little, is it a butterfly valve, ball valve, etc? FWIW many of us aren't looking to even make the thing, but we'd like to know how it works :)

A Chinese Patent? That reaks of "military intelligence" :lol:

The patent name : A Gas Filled Valve is self-explanatory enough, pls dig into the detail pages for more.

For you and everyone's interest, attached is a simple layout of the surge.
As you have mentioned, you can use whatever devices/software to replace the control air valve. It is the cost, complication and involvements that counts.

Cheers

Attachments

• simple drawing_1.doc
    42 KB · Views: 180
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MintMint":3il8p7wp said:
Ans : This an official government page. If you are thinking of something tricky, oh God, do you think the same to your own or any other countries?
Truthfully, yes I do. It is very strange that the page requires one to install an unidentified .zip file simply to view a page. Viruses are very easily hidden in these types of files. It is an unsecure and outdated method, and is suspicious on any web page.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for posting your simple drawing MintMint. It makes it much clearer for people like me, and will make it easier for others with more experience to comment on. Hope you don't mind me posting an image of it here for everyone's convenience. :)
mintmintswaveweaverrl7.png

MintMint

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JohnHenry":qld8xvn8 said:
MintMint":qld8xvn8 said:
Truthfully, yes I do. It is very strange that the page requires one to install an unidentified .zip file simply to view a page. Viruses are very easily hidden in these types of files. It is an unsecure and outdated method, and is suspicious on any web page.

I agree. This is how some people think and work in PRC. I feel the same with you...but.... :?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MintMint":3chl45si said:
JohnHenry":3chl45si said:
MintMint":3chl45si said:

I agree. This is how some people think and work in PRC. I feel the same with you...but.... :?
Not just in the PRC...but everywhere. Are you in HK? My thoughts are with you. ;)

But what does that .zip file actually do?

MintMint

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is fine. Thank you. JohnHenry. The system is really very simple and the concept is straight forward. I started to toy with differnet surge setups around 8 years ago just trying to eliminate the bubbles and sound and then move forward to try to incorporate such into one unique system as compact as possible.

Cheers,

MintMint

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am from Hong Kong but I am working in China for the time being, building a 17meters (56 ft) shark tank.

The zip.file will install an application, which I don't know exactly because of my limited computing knowledge, to allow you view further details. It should be ok, on my side, I ran the file and then scan my system thoroughly without finding any viruses or spyware.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MintMint":36kgmbzr said:
Yes, I am from Hong Kong but I am working in China for the time being, building a 17meters (56 ft) shark tank.
That sounds great! Where in China is this project?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: