jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Power went out this morning at 3am. i busted out my battery air pump and i was good to go. threw in a floating temp and it was steady at 78 the whole time. Once power came back-ph was still above 8. (8.13). these cheap air pump saves reef tanks!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Power went out this morning at 3am. i busted out my battery air pump and i was good to go. threw in a floating temp and it was steady at 78 the whole time. Once power came back-ph was still above 8. (8.13). these cheap air pump saves reef tanks!

+1 so very true, those pumps are lifesavers. The cheapest easiest thing you can do for your tank. Every reefer should have 1 or 2 of them.

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Rego park lost power for 4 hours?? Im in forest hills, like 7 blocks from you and didnt notice anything. Guess i got lucky. But i do own a diehard powerpack platinum and tested my portable dual air pump and it ran for over 18 hours and i have a vortech backup battery for both mp 40s. I'm wondering if i lost power and didnt even realize it. hmmm

nycpassat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
220   0   0
My area lost power for four hours last night. ugh. Had to take out the emergency generator and connect my return pumps. I wish i had a couple of battery operated pumps. I believe Kathy had a frag swap group buy on this. If its not still open, Petco or Petsmart has them.

rbtwo4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Rego park lost power for 4 hours?? Im in forest hills, like 7 blocks from you and didnt notice anything. Guess i got lucky. But i do own a diehard powerpack platinum and tested my portable dual air pump and it ran for over 18 hours and i have a vortech backup battery for both mp 40s. I'm wondering if i lost power and didnt even realize it. hmmm
thats hot

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
yea i attach a airstone to the pump. i believe i paid 10 bucks for the pump
i dont believe anyone lost power other than my building. some sort of transformer blew out sunday night which caused a car to burn to a crisp. Con ed rolled up and shut down power to fix problem at around 3 am

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: