thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Wondering your experience switching over to FW from Saltwater
I love the saltwater fish, recently broke down reef and kept fowler, but with so much going on its becoming increasingly harder to care for tank and it honestly looks like crap. Surprisingly fish are doing well

So, who has switched over? Find it easier? Boring? Let me hear it....

n3hihz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Depends on what you're trying to accomplish in Fresh Water. If you want a fully planted, high grade shrimp, etc. it's probably just as much work to maintain. Between keeping your PH and GH balance, fertilizing, trimming plants, etc.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
^^^ nah that sounds like a reef tank to me, but I get your point
I agree the majority of live stock isn't as exciting, but it's still a tank that I can easily switch back over when time is right. Between work, an almost 9 and 7 year old plus baby in July I have zero time for the tank

n3hihz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
^^^ nah that sounds like a reef tank to me, but I get your point
I agree the majority of live stock isn't as exciting, but it's still a tank that I can easily switch back over when time is right. Between work, an almost 9 and 7 year old plus baby in July I have zero time for the tank

I think the easiest would be having some low light plants, some small fish that schools. make a basic rock scape. It'll require less work and probably would be right for you.

Personally, I like reef tanks it feels more exciting to look at but FW is more calming.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: