KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
We have so many new members that we thought a few FAQ's about the MR Frag Swap and some Tips for how to make the day more fun would be helpful !!

1. Where will the frag swap be held? Pratt University 200 Willoughby Ave, Brooklyn, NY
  2. When is the frag swap? Sunday Nov 18th 2012
  3. How do I RSVP / Buy Tickets? There is a Paypal link on the first post of the Swap RSVP thread found here: http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum...133992-rsvp-fall-frag-swap-2012-nov-18th.html
  4. Do I get a ticket after I PayPal my RSVP? There is no physical ticket issued. Your screen name and name will be on a list at the Registration table at the entrance.
  5. Do children require a ticket? Children under 16 will not require a ticket.
  6. Is there parking available? Yes, there is parking available on The Pratt Campus.Enter at Willoughby Street and the campus Security officers will direct you to the parking areas. Street parking is also sometimes available.
  7. Is lunch included? Yes, admission fee includes lunch. We will issue 1 Lunch Ticket per paying member that will be redeemed in the adjoining Cafe. There will be a special Thread posted explaining how this will all work. If you are bringing children with you, do bring along some extra snacks for them!
  8. What should I bring? Coolers to keep corals in, cash & credit cards (some vendors accept C/C's), a great memory to remember all the names of the wonderful people you're going to meet.
  9. Will there be vendors? Yes, we will have various livestock and drygood vendors at the swap. Check the 1st post of the Frag Swap RSVP thread for the list!
  10. Will I be able to sell/buy from members? Absolutely, as the frag swap approaches you will see plenty of members posting their offerings they'll bring to the frag swap.
  11. Can I buy a ticket at the door? It is extremely rare that we have not sold out this event prior to swap day. To guarantee entry, please use the link on the Swap RSVP thread to purchase your ticket now,
And some Tips to make the day more enjoyable!!...

- Relax, you have 8+ hours to see everything. You may need to wait briefly to see certain vendors due to the great items they will have to sell!
- Please be patient and take the time to introduce yourself to your fellow reefers.
- There is plenty of livestock to go around, you do not need to buy everything on the spot.
- That being said, certain pieces of livestock will be sold immediately so do not assume that you can come back in an hour and it will still be there.
- Vendors will hold livestock for you to pick up at the end of the day provided that you pay in advance.
- Many members have prepaid for corals or are picking them up at the end of the day. Vendors typically store these corals at the back of the tank. Don?t get attached to anything at the back of the tank unless the vendor has confirmed that it is not sold. DO NOT ASSUME THESE ITEMS WERE CHERRY PICKED EARLIER, many people paid in advance from certain vendors that offer pickup at the swap.

- The swap is NOT a sprint, it is a marathon, take a break, sit down, have some coffee or cookies, and meet other hobbyists.
- Many members will be selling or trading livestock, you can ask them if they have anything extra to sell. Generally the people you want to ask have a cooler next to them.
- There are activities all day long, make sure you check out the guest speakers as they have been selected due to their relevance to the current state of the art of the hobby. This is FREE advice and will only help you achieve the tank of your dreams.

- There is an ATM onsite if you need more cash, however many vendors will take credit cards.

- Do not rush for lunch, there is plenty for everyone. More on this topic on a thread to be posted in the next few days.

- If you have any corals you want to frag, bring them to the front (to the right of the raffle table) and we will frag it for you. Don?t be afraid to ask for help.

- The front table has a lot of cheap or free corals. Come up and introduce yourself.

- If you are donating any corals, please drop them off at the front table. (see instructions for donations on the Swap Donation Thread)

- Once admitted, you will get a name tag that will allow you to come and go as you please. You are free to go outside for some air or a smoke, but please respect the neighborhood and our host facility while you do so.
- Make sure you stay until the end of the day. Not only are there some great deals but the highlight of the day is usually a huge raffle of dry goods and livestock.
- RELAX.
- Any problems, contact the swap crew at the front of the room. They are usually wearing white MR t-shirts.
- Lastly, HAVE FUN!

Do let us know if you have any other questions that we can answer for you!! We are looking forward to seeing all of you at the Swap!

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: