Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check this out!!!!!!

You guys won't believe this.

My vortech MP40 pump propeller siezed up on me about 2 weeks ago. I called them up and spoke to them about the warranty. They had me take some pics of the wet assembly. I came home from work tonight and there was a package on my front door step. :D I opend the invoice and it said 1 rebuilt mp40 wet assembly. I opened the box up, which seemed heavy for a wet assembly and wholy **** there was a whole brand new unit in there with a used wet assembly attached to it.

I don't know what happend. Someone must have messed up over there and sent me the wrong thing. Anyway. Sweeeeet. :D

All I need now is a new wet assembly for $75 for the broken one and it's time for some remote action! :D

Nemo2007

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is excellent. Something similar happened to me when I ordered a wet side assembly from an online provider.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt_":2cbkl7ze said:
You planning on sending it back? :?
Kind of what I was thinking, if anything let them know, who knows maybe they'll tell you to keep it.

They did something similar to me, except I ended up paying for the two parts they sent me, but since they gave me quite a discount all was good. Hell my PSU fried too, and they gave me a discount on that as well.

Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sfsuphysics":2uqlisqe said:
Matt_":2uqlisqe said:
You planning on sending it back? :?
Kind of what I was thinking, if anything let them know, who knows maybe they'll tell you to keep it.

They did something similar to me, except I ended up paying for the two parts they sent me, but since they gave me quite a discount all was good. Hell my PSU fried too, and they gave me a discount on that as well.

Yea, probably shoudl call them. Then at least if I have another warranty problem I can call them with it...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the right thing to do would be to send it back. It's not like they're a mega corporation--just some reefaholics that started a business involved in what they're passionate about. :?

Nemo2007

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sea Turtle":1l0d2bae said:
Nemo2007":1l0d2bae said:
That is excellent. Something similar happened to me when I ordered a wet side assembly from an online provider.
what happened?

I ordered a wet assembly from aquacave.com. They sent me a new 40W instead and had absolutely no knowledge of their mistake. I faced the same ethical question. I decided to call them and tell them about it. At first I just told them there was a problem with the order and had to leave a message on a machine. No one called me back. I gave them one more opportunity and a live person answered the phone. Of course they wanted it back so I offered to pay for it at the "at cost price". One guy gave me a price which I thought was higher than it should have been, After much searching I found out the company sells them for a range of prices depending on how many a vendor buys. The range is from about $295 to about $345. After some wrangling with customer service, ( dealt with one jerk and finally with a good guy), they let me buy it for $295.

That's the whole story. Ultimately, its the same question "What would you do if you found a wallet full of cash and an I.D.?" That actually happened to me once. I found a woman's wallet full of cash. In that case I didn't hesitate to give it back. It turned out to be the woman's rent money. I'll be honest and admit I hesitated since aquacave is an insured company with more cash than most of us. Still, I do believe we all reap what we sow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: