mling

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched from PCs to T5s (54watts x 6 48in) just after New Year's day. I have a Oceanic 156. Certain corals have not been reacting too well but most are doing much better. The kenya tree for instance is about half it's height.

Is there such a thing as too much light ? My glass turns green in 6 hrs ! I am hoping that this is just the cycle of an algea bloom for a 5 month old setup that just had a huge increase in light.

Anyone had similar experiences when switching to T5s ?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The algae is from excess nitrates/phosphates.

Is there such a thing as too much light ?
Not really. Though it's very possible to give corals too quick an increase in light, so it's always good to acclimate corals to new lights. If a coral is harmed by too quick an increase in light then it will generally lose some color or turn whitish. It is normal for many soft corals to get smaller when light is increased.

Posting a picture of your tank would let us help you more.

mling

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the pic of my tank. This was taken on the 25th. The newly cured Tonga LR was put in totally white just on the 22nd. As you can see, it is already getting color

Attachments

• Reef156-Jan25.JPG
    Reef156-Jan25.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 119

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: