Cumboxgj

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon. I'm new to the reefing hobby and i have my waterbox 20 cube running for about eight months. during that time i wanted my tank to mature before adding corals. Recently last week i started adding coral. now for the past few months i just had clown fish in there and i was using store lfs natural seawater to do water changes with. i want to convert to esv salt now that i have coral. should combine the two salts and then gradually go full 100% on esv? or can i just jump straight onto esv salt? you're help would be greatly appreciated

Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Good Afternoon. I'm new to the reefing hobby and i have my waterbox 20 cube running for about eight months. during that time i wanted my tank to mature before adding corals. Recently last week i started adding coral. now for the past few months i just had clown fish in there and i was using store lfs natural seawater to do water changes with. i want to convert to esv salt now that i have coral. should combine the two salts and then gradually go full 100% on esv? or can i just jump straight onto esv salt? you're help would be greatly appreciated
You could go straight into esv, I’ve switched salts a few times with no issue. I used to use tropic Marin then switched to Red Sea salt

Cumboxgj

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could go straight into esv, I’ve switched salts a few times with no issue. I used to use tropic Marin then switched to Red Sea salt
yeah cause i was looking at some videos and they was saying to switch slowly and I'm saying to myself why?

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
get a separate can to make the new water and just dilute the water for bit and every water change if u do 5 gallons start with 1 gallon of the new salt water and add 4 gallons of the original water u add for the first 2 weeks, then just add every two weeks another gallon and sub tract a gallon until ur at a full amount of the change over salt water

Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
yeah cause i was looking at some videos and they was saying to switch slowly and I'm saying to myself why?
I’m not sure why, in a weekly water change you should only be subbing out 10-15 percent of the water anyway for me that’s already a gradual change. It’s not like you’re taking 100 percent of the water out and replacing it all

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I’m not sure why, in a weekly water change you should only be subbing out 10-15 percent of the water anyway for me that’s already a gradual change. It’s not like you’re taking 100 percent of the water out and replacing it all
Alk ph phos ca mag spikes, I remember when reef crystals first came out it would spike the alk and ph and snails would die and **** at least gradually u can avoid spiking

oseymour

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
get a separate can to make the new water and just dilute the water for bit and every water change if u do 5 gallons start with 1 gallon of the new salt water and add 4 gallons of the original water u add for the first 2 weeks, then just add every two weeks another gallon and sub tract a gallon until ur at a full amount of the change over salt water
I don’t think there’s a need to do all this with small weekly water changes. At 10 to 15% that means 85 to 90% of the “old” salt is still in the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: