• Tek Sunblaze fixture plus 4 Tek bulbs. (No Fans included) $200

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Which T-5 Setup Looking for a new T-5 fixture. Please place your vote, and then post as to why

My tank is a 20 inch cube (Solana). I'm going to keep a mixed reef with mostly zoanthids and lps. Maybe a few SPS toward the top.

Main concerns are: best growth and color, efficiency, heat, etc.

Thanks for voting!

Last edited:

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
hey EC, is the Sunpower a lot different than the Powermodule? I'd have to really twist my own arm to pay that much for a light fixture, but if it's truly THAT MUCH better than the other options, I will consider it.

Thank you

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
the sun power is not that different at all.
same ballast and reflectors

the housing is mad from a cheaper light aluminum.
the powermodule looks more like a high end fixture with its sturdy housing..
and the powermodule also has more cooling fans.
i know the price is like whoa. believe me it is for me also.
i just try to learn from my past mistakes and buy the right equipment first time around..

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
That sounds like a good option, especially bc the ballast and reflectors are the same as the powermodule. I have read ina few different places that the Powermodule puts out 2x the par that even the tek fixture puts out. Wow. Sticker shock is incredible though

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have the Current Nova Extreme pro 6 bulb setup. It is nice and things are really liking the light, lower heat problems in the tank, and we are liking the electric bill but the bulb choices aren't good because only the stock lights are available.

autoponicz