BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Does it mean you can just replace the fluorescent tubes with T8 LED or T12 LED tubes??? Seems impossible without changing the internalas.

I found one misleading fact though

"SunBrite-LED "Kill A Watt" Meter: 7-Bulbs = 108W, 1.32AMP [Approx. 18w/bulb]"

How could it be 108 Watts with 1.32 A (scratching head)

W=V*A so in effect 110*1.32= 145W

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Does it mean you can just replace the fluorescent tubes with T8 LED or T12 LED tubes??? Seems impossible without changing the internalas.

I found one misleading fact though

"SunBrite-LED "Kill A Watt" Meter: 7-Bulbs = 108W, 1.32AMP [Approx. 18w/bulb]"

How could it be 108 Watts with 1.32 A (scratching head)

W=V*A so in effect 110*1.32= 145W

Yes you can replace the tubes directly without changing anything. Each bulb has their own electronics to eat the firing surge of the flourescent light ballast. But you are paying more on the electronics of each bulb instead one controller, one power supply sort of things if you go with a more powerful single unit like my SolarPod. Plus the plastic of the bulbs actually eat up a lot of light too. Take a look at the PAR table of in my thread, you can see the SolarPod is much more efficient than the 3W Power LED(both running at close power range) and thus, much much more efficient than the smaller LEDs. These LED tubes are easy and good choice to start with for saving energy though anyway.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: