darkdrako

Looks mean doesn't she!?
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So, with my incredibly horrible weekend, another bulb blew on my tank :irked:. I want to try some different bulbs but have no idea what I would like to do and would rather not have to buy all new bulbs to not like them. The fixture is a 48" Current Nova Extreme Pro 6 bulb. This is my arrangement as of this weekend:

Bulb#1:Current 420nm actinic
Bulb#2: ATI Aquablue Special
Bulb#3:Current 420nm actinic
Bulb#4: ATI Aquablue Special
Bulb#5:Current 420nm actinic
Bulb#6: Empty - was ATI Aquablue Special

This was right after a rescape.
SDC10267.jpg

The overall color is pretty blue but not overwhelming and makes the greens really pop. I was thinking about getting a Korallen Fiji Purple bulb to replace the aquablue and make the reds and purples pop as well. Any ideas or suggestions would help out tremendously.

Ray

Acro76

cherrycorals.com farmer!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Ati Blue Plus (or Geisemann Actinic +)
Ati Blue Plus
Ati Aquablue Special
Ati Blue Plus
KZ fiji purple (or ATI procolor, but KZ has higher par)
Ati Blue Plus

You will love this combo compared with what you have now, the current bulbs look lousy to me...

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
i am looking for the same type of color enhance for the daylight.... looking to be able to get some sps to work w/ t5ho setup. it seems like his current setup idea might be bright enough. any pics of the last combo that you are talking about acro???

Last edited:

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
the blue + is more of an atinic than a white looks almost aqua when lit he has mor day light on the tank now 3 aquablue specials

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
i understand the more par value is much better... does that also make it better for acros too??? i have the same type of lighting as him. i have two 36" nova extreme w/ 4 49w bulbs each... 2 420nm and 2 10k each. i feel like i have too much blue actinic light... i am a noob and i want to understand also what lighting besides going MH would be better.
i kind of like what dark is going for ... but i just want to know what is best output.

darkdrako

Looks mean doesn't she!?
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Acro76 - Do you have a fts using that combo? I think it will be more blue than I like.

I might try and replace the broken Aquablue Special and swap out a actinic for the fiji. It will produce pretty much the same PAR and should be less blue.

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: