• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
I just bought a 4X24 T5HO Fixture, I'm plannig to use this fixture on a cube 24X24X24 I was wondering can I keep sps under this light???? What bulbs should I put to make the corals pop???? What combinationof bulbs should I have???

rbtwo4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
2eoa8eo.jpg

i got t5's too

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
there are plenty on us using T5's with SPS and LPS dominated tanks... i have a tek 6 T5 on a 40 breeder and i have no problems with it and my acro's are in the middle of the tank lol not even all the way to the top
Just my opinion

rick

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
there are plenty on us using T5's with SPS and LPS dominated tanks... i have a tek 6 T5 on a 40 breeder and i have no problems with it and my acro's are in the middle of the tank lol not even all the way to the top
Just my opinion

rick
You have more than enough light that is why there is no issue. The watts do come into play on what you can really house. He has a 60g with 4 24w bulbs with a total of 96w. Where you have 6 39w bulbs I am guessing that gives you 234w or 6 24w bulbs that give you 144 in a 40g. There are a lot of members that run T5?s but some are overdriven to accommodate there needs

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
i would go with ATI bulbs they have a far better PAR value and you can change bulbs to your color liking.... again just what i reasearched when i started my tank.... just for example i had a JBJ 29 w/ 150 HQI and the was at 5 watts per gallon now i have a 40 breeder w/ 6 T5's and am at 5.3 watts per gallon and the colors and growth are way better and no heat issues so save on a chiller
again just my opinion and so far my observation in my tank anyway

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
You could do that but i would stick with what you are going for. If i was you i would find a used retro fit that will add 2 or 3 more bulbs to your system. And if you are lucky and able to overdrive the bulbs those new additions will be 39w instead of 24w bulbs way more than enough light

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: