FlexLuthor

Is Too Noob 4 Skool
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ok guys,
the ring/cage setting here is 24 gallon aio, with small green hair/red bubble issue. in order to keep this at bay I'm thinking about getting one of these blennys......which should it be? what would be size appropriate? and what will actively forage?

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Can't speak to the the tail spot but agree about tank size. The lawnmower is a good worker. Better off with a small clean up crew. With that said wouldn't expect it to keep the tank free of algae, althou it will help a lil. That's your job, through good design and tank maintenance to keep nutrients low.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Agree with meat get a few sm turbos for the hair try Manuel removal of bubble
I've had both the lawn mower will eat algae off rocks my tail spots seem to prefer the film algae on glass but neither makes that big of a dent and I had algae on my rocks and back wall of tank till I added Mexican turbo snails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leoent

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I Have both in my tank (120g Rimless) tail spot blenny is smaller than the lawnmower blenny.. both peacefull so far!
If your looking for a tank clean up, then the Lawnmower blenny would be the best deal for your tank..
They both eat algae, but the lawnmower eats likes theres no tomorrow, lol...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: