Acronuts1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just wondering if there are any hints on taking pics using a nikon p80 where the lighting is radiums 20k. I have had some success but other tries revealed my lack of understanding how to make the overwhelming blue in my pics disappear.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
Juan

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have that camera, but just in case you haven't tried this, have you checked the white balance function? If the white balance is not set, you will get overly blue pictures. With my camera, it was a case of holding a white sheet of plastic in the tank, setting the white balance against that and I was good to go.

Acronuts1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By your description I should hold a white sheet of plastic inside the tank, take that setting, then start taking pics. Is this right?
Will I need to redo this setting each time?

Thanks
Juan

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think so. To be honest, I think I made do with a white plate (don't tell my wife - I washed it up afterwards!), but it made a real difference to my photos. And yes, I think you might have to redo it each time.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Escaped Ape":1x94983s said:
I think so. To be honest, I think I made do with a white plate (don't tell my wife - I washed it up afterwards!), but it made a real difference to my photos. And yes, I think you might have to redo it each time.

:D

My wife gets mad when I use the kitchen towel to dry my hands after being in the tank. If she only knew the half of it.......

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
browncj7":yi9po41l said:
The Escaped Ape":yi9po41l said:

:D

My wife gets mad when I use the kitchen towel to dry my hands after being in the tank. If she only knew the half of it.......

One of the deals I've had to do with my wife to get her to agree to the next tank is that there will be a kit of equipment and material for the tank only, including towels etc. If only she knew how much of the stuff we use now had at some point or another been used for fishy reasons! :lol:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: