Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I have a 120 gallon tank set up for a few weeks. Its stable running with old filter media and i added 160 pounds of live sand and 150 pounds of live and dry rock mixed. Tank is currently stocked with coris wrasse, melanarus wrasse, occel clown, orchid dotty, midas blenny, candy hog, and a long nose hawkfish. Now i want to add two tangs to finish off the stock. A purple tang is a must fish for me ive been researching care and would like to hear from you guys your experience in terms of care and temperament. I would like to also add a second tang simultaneously to reduce aggression. Would a purple tang and a chevron get along in a 120? if not would an achilles tang be alright if added to the tank instead of the chevron? which fish is easier to care for chevron or achilles and are purple tangs easier to care for like yellow tangs?

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
i had all 3 together in a 300 with no issues.
the chevron is real nice when its young but in 6 months starts turning a blackish color, not nice looking. the achilles and purple were a nice addition.

lrasser

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
purple tangs are not hard to keep my can get nasty. They are usually the boss in the tank and should be added last. On a side not if the tank has only been running a few weeks I would wait a while before adding anything else. Give it time to stabilize first.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: