DaddyReefer13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Hi All . .

Well I'm at it again, putting up another tank (I swear this will be the last one until I get another house:smokin:).

I have a lot of the the equipment I will need, like the tank, skimmer, RO/Di, Lights (MH and Led actinics), sump, controller but am wondering if there are other must have I should incorporate to this build.

I am currently finishing up my DIY Stand and Canopy.

I'm scoping making an electoronics cabinet to house all the wires and such the tank seems to accumulate.

- Will be doing a break out box for my controller and applying it to manage my ATO.

Aside from the items i listed above, is there something you wish you had done when you initially put up your tank.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Hi All . .

Well I'm at it again, putting up another tank (I swear this will be the last one until I get another house:smokin:).

I have a lot of the the equipment I will need, like the tank, skimmer, RO/Di, Lights (MH and Led actinics), sump, controller but am wondering if there are other must have I should incorporate to this build.

I am currently finishing up my DIY Stand and Canopy.

I'm scoping making an electoronics cabinet to house all the wires and such the tank seems to accumulate.

- Will be doing a break out box for my controller and applying it to manage my ATO.

Aside from the items i listed above, is there something you wish you had done when you initially put up your tank.

lol.....Ive said this before....( 4 tanks later)............:splitspin

henrystyle

Bad Mutha Shut Your mouth
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
A BM triple doser is better than a CA reactor. More control of your levels. No ph issues from the reactors co2. (no kalk needed)
Best thing I did on my new setup. Fauna Marin Balling light method works excellent! (my levels dont move)
Also incorporate a manifold into your return plumbing. Save on power..
just my 2 cents..

DaddyReefer13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Manifold, yes . . will definitely add that. Thanks

As for the doser, I have all the things i need with the calc reactor and can't spend the extra cash for the doser. Maybe down the line if I'm having issues with the reactor.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: