Charley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Well, I came back from a 1 week vacation to Mexico to find all my fish had perished along with a bunch of corals. I was horrified and saddened to say the least. Though "only" a 29 gal biocube I had some clownfish and shrimps since the beginning 2 1/2 yrs ago. The GFI was tripped and the breaker had switched off halfway thru the 1 week vacation. Left on a Friday and asked my son to feed the fish on Tues. Said it was ok. I guess soon after the electricity went and that was that. Nobody checked again. The ammonia spiked off the charts.....I felt terrible that the animals died like this. Still not over it. the tank was finally doing well: 2 clownfish, pygmy angel, 6 line wrasse, fairy wrasse, bicolor blenny all doing so well together and finally had the corals growing.

Some of the blastos survived, gonipora, jawbreaker mushroom ( lucky ), duncan and hammer and some fiji zoas and plays. The ricordia mushooms perishd along with hammers, pink zoas, anenome, rock flower, another hammer and others.....interesting to see what made it...

Change the water with NutriSeawater and levels back to normal now. Still bummed out though, wow. Cannot imagine people who lost real big tanks.........

Just chalk it up to a learning experience I guess.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: