Pazzoman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hello, everyone! Currently my 40 gallon Innovative Marine just finished cycling (4 weeks in), However the 10 gallon quarantine tank is not done cycling, going to skip the ammonia drops tonight so hopefully by tomorrow it officially is done cycling. Both tanks started at the same time. Was wondering is it ok If I add a clownfish directly to the the main tank? Thinking about picking up an established pair of clownfish. Im thinking I can just simply add it to the main tank, however unsure. Or should I still quarantine the fish in the 10 gallon tank? Also if I do add fish to the quarantine tank and not the main tank what should I do, should I Continue adding ammonia drops till I'm ready to add fish?

Thanks everyone!

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would wait to QT tank is fully cycled. Reason probably QT not cycle is less surface area where bacteria will grow. Such as no sand or no rocks. If your running just a sponge filter it will take longer. If using a hang on filter having some kind of media so bacteria will grow. Your ammonia cycle should be done its your nitrites that's high. I wouldn't add the clowns to DT. You can try adding bacteria from bottle to help cycle it faster. Some might say add Prime to QT to help make nitrites safe. But if ever decide to add copper to QT. Its not safe. If you had to add clowns to DT. I would suggest some kind of bath. But adding bacteria will help QT to finish cycle. Yes stop adding ammonia

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: