Antf

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What kind of inverts? How many? How long a time frame you talking?

I?ve managed to kill Xenia, gsp, peppermint shrimp, turbo snails, Babylonia snails an emerald crab..... and most recently a cleaner shrimp only lasted a week. And some mushrooms I purchased last weekend never opened up. The rock looks bare. They looked great in the store...I checked the parameters. Nitrite, ammonia and phosphates look great. The nitrates were at 20 ppm. But a few lfs said it wasn?t terrible. I have fish living with no issues. A pair of clowns since Jan, along with others.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
How old is the tank? How big? Whats your current maintenance schedule like? Anything added or dosed recently? What are the rest of your parameters? Light cycle? Light type? Hoe often do u test? Any changes in results? Where are u getting water from?

When u added fish from the store, did u dump the water that they came in into your tank also?

I know it's alot of questions...but to even try to guess what's killing off your livestock, there's alot that needs to be known first.

Antf

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Its a 125 gallon. Ive had it running since Dec. I haven't tested the rest of the parameters. However, I just took my water to the las today. They said my salinity level was at 1.029. Ive been using a hydrometer. Will purchase a refractometer.
My light source is a Current loop system 72" long. I have to adjust the settings for less light. My whites are set at 100 for about 7 hours of the day.
I don't let water from other sources get into the tank.
The fish seem to be fine. Its the inverts and corals that aren't lasting. I

I just changed out about 10 gallons of salt water for fresh to lower the salinity. But I won't be able to get an accurate reading until i get the refractometer.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Temperature or heater on the tank?

Knowing all the parameters will give u a more accurate picture of what's happening in the tank. Invest in a full assortment of kits...even the red sea ones will pay for themselves after a few weeks.

Test every few days or weekly to see exactly whats happening.

For the coral I would say dial back the intensity of the lights..or at least start them low and move them into a brighter spot every couple days.

Are u acclimating the inverts??

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: