clownlover

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
just shopping this setup around. i have 90% of the eq. Im putting in a reef w some fish tank for someone and i just want to make sure i crossed all my t's. its a 240g starfire tank 6 x 2 x 31 high. attached is a very advanced CAD drawing of what im thinking design wise for it. there is one mistake, they r 1.5" bulkheads not 2". please tell me what you guys think about the placement or addition or subtraction of EQ. much appreciated.

Attachments

• tank scheme.jpg
    tank scheme.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 143

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Hey CL.. HAHAHAA LOVE THE CAD DRAWING!!! have you thought about running an external red dragon pump for the return as well as for the etss 600xr?
There"s going to be alot of heat from the pumps(3tunze)flow for DT,(1for)calcium reactor (1for)the chiller, (1for)the uv (1for) the Protien Skimmer and (1for) the return. All inside.... PLUS your lighting is going to produce heat aswell. I wouldn't see a need for heaters. Set the chiller to go on at 83 and it should work less.

Last edited:

clownlover

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hey CL.. HAHAHAA LOVE THE CAD DRAWING!!! have you thought about running an external red dragon pump for the return as well as for the etss 600xr?
There"s going to be alot of heat from the pumps(3tunze)flow for DT,(1for)calcium reactor (1for)the chiller, (1for)the uv (1for) the Protien Skimmer and (1for) the return. All inside.... PLUS your lighting is going to produce heat aswell. I wouldn't see a need for heaters. Set the chiller to go on at 83 and it should work less.

good point, maybe ill get one 500w heater just incase.

clownlover

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
as someone who does this for a living my only advice is to use an external pump and run as much equiptment off it as possible saves on electric and tank runs cooler otherwise looks pretty good

ur def right, i am just trying to limit failure points. if an internal fails for some reason no prob but if the vibration or something springs a leak on an ext pump now u have a problem. but i guess thats pretty rare.

clownlover

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
uv should be plumbed into the return as well, and check the depth the etts will set in,and u adding a phosban and carbon filter also ?

so run the UV inline with the return on the same red dragon? no on phosban, the natureef "supposibly" does a good job of lowering it. carbon will be spot used once a month or so.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
yes the uv should be ran on return this way all water returning gets filtered, and float valve needs to go to the side where return pump is, the side with the skimmer wont go down in water level,

clownlover

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
uv should be plumbed into the return as well, and check the depth the etts will set in,and u adding a phosban and carbon filter also ?

i just thought of something. the flow rate will be 2000gph. i would wanna run the 57wUV at something much lower than that no? thats why im not sure now that plumbing it into the return is such a good idea

clownlover

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

also its a drop in chiller so one less pump. anyway here is an updated schematic

Attachments

• johns tank shematic.jpg
    johns tank shematic.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 51

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: