SI_Reefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 24g nanocube and the past 2 weeks the water has a milky white haze to it. Only have a small pair of clowns and a handful of corals which seem fine even though the water is white. I?ve been running carbon and doing water changes but it keeps coming back. Not sure if it?s a bacterial bloom or what but it?s driving me nuts lol. I?d post a pic but it?s hard to capture it under LEDs.

Parameters

Nitrate 0 ppm
Alk 9
Cal 420
Mag 1400
P04 ? Don?t have a test for it

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Did u have a good cycle? What kinda rock and sand u got in there? Any way to throw in some filter floss to polish the water a little?

I'd say it's part of the start up period. Keep up with the water changes and routine maintenance it should clear itself up. Tanks do weird stuff when their breaking in...wouldnt worry too much

Last edited:

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Nothing got into the tank? Ive never seen my tank get milky white. Only white due to a bacteria bloom from washing my hands or sanitizer before dipping my hands.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
You just created a bacterial bloom or die off. Water changes and keep running everything as normal. Youll be fine. I didnt see a bad side affect with livestock when it happened.

I wouldnt do anything more than water changes.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
It's all good man...dont beat yourself up.

Glad u possibly figured it out. This hobby is so satisfying and yet so aggravating. But the forums help figuring stuff out....most likely someone has had the same problems as you at some point.

If u haven't already..start a journal or use an app to track your tank. Document things u do and if there's a problem it can sometimes help to pinpoint what may be the cause. Saved me quite a few times.

Best of luck and feel free to reach out with any questions.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: