jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
built like a tank those powermoduals on the other hand teh sunpowers are a bit more flimsy im debating myself on weather to go with ati or tek elite

Dee12dee12

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I also wanted to ask this question. with the huge price difference...does the ATI really out perform the TEK by that much. Really beside the ATI's being German built, what makes them so much better than the TEK. Is there an increase in coral growth, overall light, reflectors? Are TEK owners out there happy with their fixtures? If so ill just save the money and buy the TEK fixture.

petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
well I can tell You this !
I changed from halide to ati t5 powermodule and colors on the corals have been changing for the better! but wanna tell you this i changed the reflectors back in june 2010 and now as today this same reflectors are spotting with small corrosion ! keeping the fixture about 7 inches from the water and keeping the shield on it as well! so ! I will Look in to the tek fixture and try to have some kind of cooling fan blowing across the fixture to keep cool ! ati are good looking but !! I personally would not spend the extra cash just because they are german built! if wanna go with ati choose sunpower even easier to remove the bulbs!!! uncomfortable on the powermodule!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: