Do you guys/girls have any experience or info on one vs. the other. The differences i see is that the Tek ELITE has 98% reflective rate reflectors vs. the 95 on the regular. Plus the ELITE comes with cooling fans and the regular tek does not

Do the fans make more noise?? is there a big difference in light out put btwn the two?? Im considering getting the 6 bulb unit

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Are you asking if the fans make more noise than not having them?
I had a TEK Elite 6 bulb 48" for my 75. It was surprisingly quiet.
I would not get the light without active cooling. T5 ballasts get hot and without fans directing that heat it will make the whole unit hot. That will transfer to your tank.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
What size tank do you have?
I had many kinds of SPS growing halfway up on the rock work.
I had Montis, Acro and many other kinds growing.
A BTA that got huge.

Attached a pic, all this grew out under a TEK Elite 6 bulb in a 75 gallon tank that was pretty dirty. Meaning drastically under-skimmed.

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 250

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I'm still adjusting to the LEDs I just bought. The blues and whites are individually dimmable.
I went from the TEK to a couple black box LED and then to the Nova A6 that I have now.
These have the optics I need since I have a 30" high tank. T5 would never reach the sand at that depth with any par.
Most of the difference I see with these LEDs is the containment of light within the DT. As they are not 48" bulbs there is less light spilling into the room and more penetration in the tank.
Where it is needed.
The TEK is a great light but with the legs it is so high off the water I had to mod it to keep the light from spilling on the floor. Even so with Florescent tubes it will radiate more. The. There is the heat issue with T5.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: