stoneriff

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I'd like to hear opinions on testing kits and brands of carbon for my mixed reef/fish 72 gallon bow front. What types of kits are the most accurate? What type of carbon is recommended? I don't want to lose my tank because of lousy test kits. Right now I'm using AP test kits. Thank you.

grundig5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Actually I dont think AP's are that bad, but Elos are much better and easier to use imo. As far as carbon goes, you just want activated carbon for aquariums. Different brands will have different sized pieces of carbon and dust, but most of it works the same. I use Rox 0.8 from bulkreefsupply which actually resembles mechanical pencil lead, and its fantastic carbon with very little dust that works fast. just remember carbon is really only useful for a few days to a week and then its exhausted.

grundig5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
MR vendor Aquarium design network carries them. Or greenwich aquaria in CT...other than that you have to order from one of the online elos dealers.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: