Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, let me say, "Thank-You", to Hydor, for standing behind their products.

...Just a note on a problem I've had with the impeller shafts on my Hydor Koralia Evolutions. I've experienced a swelling/corrosion of area where the magnets are embedded, causing binding, that stops the impeller from rotating.
I run a total of six units, so when the first failure occurred within 8 months, I wasn't too concerned...... until two others followed!

One quick e-mail to customer service to explain my experience & 12 days later - a small, handwritten, box appeared in my mailbox. Contained within... several new impeller shafts !

Glad to see Hydor stands behind their product.

BFITZ06

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
the cover broke off my 750 emailed them to find out how i can buy a new one . they sent me an email back asking for my address they are going to send me a new cover at no charge.
THANKS HYDOR!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear other people having good customer service stories with Hydor.
Here's an update for the six Hydor Coralias I've been running in my 120 gallon reef aquarium.
Since Hydor sent several new impeller shafts, none of the replacements have failed. However,
several of the covers have cracked around the rubber prop directional bumper. I have glued
them back together at least six times ! Once again, a quick note to the company - several new
covers were mailed to me. I'm hopeful there may be have been some material tweaking or slight
design change to avoid the same problem. Only time will tell. To be fair, the cracks occurred on
the covers used with units controlled by a timer toggled relay. It alternates between two units,
on/off for 45 second periods.....all day and night, every day, every night.
Considering these units were a new design, just released when I bought them, I can't complain.

I wish I could say the same of Haagen. I had two of the first generation, round, fluval canister filters on my freshwater tank, that ran
flawless for more than15 years! THEN .... I replaced them with two fluval rectangular canister filters. What junk!
Water leaks from bad O-rings, water leaks from cracks on the retainer nuts that hold the vinyl hoses in place,
water leaks from the poorly made dual shut-off valve. AND WORST OF ALL - the impeller well covers! They
keep cracking at the snap-in retainer tab...... which in turn, ruins the entire impeller assembly by
allowing the ceramic shaft to wander about!

Wrote to Fluval's customer service asking about a possible remedy for the ongoing impeller well cover failures,
only to get several template type e-mails about how great the "New product line" was.
It seemed they never even read the e-mail - just kind of said "Thanks . . . we're here to help & buy our new stuff."

I suspect I'll be switching to eheim canisters.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: