Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
The Beard is back! Thanks to Sanjay's generosity, I once again have a colony of my all time favorite Acropora. Dubbed the Leprechaun's Beard ( somewhat tongue in cheek) by Tristan Wilson and myself, this coral was grown in my system from a small frag rescued out of the frag troughs at Atlantis Marine World. It grew quickly into a beautiful tabling colony that no one could ID. I gave a frag to Sanjay several years ago and he has had it take off into several HUGE colonies in his system. I lost my colony awhile back and the last of it went in the crash a few weeks ago. Now it is back and I am thrilled.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1363495083.856325.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1363495083.856325.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 241
Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Awesome. Is that a purple body with green polyps? You're getting that weird LED effect in that photo :)

The body is actually whitish with long bushy green polyps and the tips turn pink. It really is unlike any Acro I've seen and it has not been ID'd AFAIk. Sanjay and Ken Feldman and Kevin Kohen are the only ones we know to have colonies of this. Kevin has released frags on occasion through Live Aquaria so there may now be others. IME it doesn't ship well and the frags I've given out over the years tend to not do well for some reason. If this settles in, I'll get you a piece to try as you have long ago passed the Beard worthy Acro growers test:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: