john1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the center brace on my all glass 55 gallon tank is 3/4 cracked is there a concern.the top part is buckling up not sure if this is going to put to much strain on the tank and cause stress problems to the integrity of the tank. any info is appreciated thanks john.

john1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jamesw thanks for the reply.i am going to replace the tank. to replace the top plastic brace assembly sounds like to much of a hassle.

Bobzarry

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had mine break on my 55 AGA. the glass was bowing out. what I did was to go to home depot and pick up some marine epoxi and a long clamp-spreader(the kind with the pistol grip) I used the clamp to slowly bring the glass back to position(mind you all this while the tank was still full). I then drilled several holes in the plastic brace on both sides of the break. This was to give the epoxi a good plce to get a foot hold. then I applied the epoxi both on top and bottom of the brace making sure that it went inside the holes drilled. After 2 days of curing to be on the safe side I removed the brace. so far its held up for over a year.

Bob

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: