Ocellaris Clownfish
Jon the Pink Spot goby
Harry the chameleon Yellow Watchman goby
Bengai Cardinal
2 Whipfin Fairy Wrasse
Radiant "
Ruby Head Fairy "
Yellow Coris "

Some pics for your enjoyment! I love the new aquascape.yeayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Luis, you are the best!

Attachments

• 155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 005.jpg
    155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 005.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 231
  • 155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 006.jpg
    155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 006.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 235
  • 155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 007.jpg
    155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 007.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 232
  • 155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 008.jpg
    155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 008.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 231
  • 155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 009.jpg
    155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 009.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you boys & girls!!!! Especially for all the moral support.
God always brings good out of bad!

Yes, Harry mini Harry made it through with flying colors.

Such strong little fish and you won't believe it, but the Hippo and the Betta looked like gonners for sure. As a matter of fact a few times that evening I wanted to pull the Hippo out and put it out of it's misery. It was just laying there on it's side barely breathing. But I couldn't bring myself to take it out, so I decided to give it a little cpr. I took it in between my fingers and switched it back and forth forcing the water through it's gill and then suspended it in a plastic colander that I had purchased for the purpose of seperating fish that needed a little time to them selfs. I left it in there overnight so that it would be at the top where the riches oxygen levels are. There wasn't enough room for both the betta and the hippo so I resigned myself to 2 more loses. So imagine my glee when I found both of them alife and well the next day.

I am exhausted and in a great deal of physical pain, but so ecstatic that I could dance a jig.;)

I'll try to get a nice FTS when my batteries charge.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thanks Doc!! The corals and gorgies look better then ever. Seriously!

Couple of FTS. One with flash...

Attachments

• 155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 001.jpg
    155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 001.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 049.jpg
    155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 049.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 051.jpg
    155 New Aquascaping 4-7-09 051.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 35

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Can someone please explain to me why all my animals are looking better then they have ever looked before?

Ever since the disaster I have not gotten around to putting back the GFO reactor nor the AC reactor back on line. I've been to tired and extremely busy with life in general.

But seriously all my lps and gorgies are doing great. Especially pieces that I had given up on or have been simply hoping for the best for them. SPS look ok, although I did end up losing the meteor shower, pink birdsnest, and a frag of a chalice that Randy gave to the darn heater episode.
Which speaking of heaters I got 2 new ebo jagers, but that's a whole nother thread.;)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
5 weeks and still going strong!;)

No activated carbon or phosphate remover .
No heaters.
No water changes since the disaster of 4/9/09.
Not feeding frozens often. Feeding more nori sheets.
Yet all animals are looking phenomenal!!:splitspin

Added a couple of new fish that I found at a really nice price at Pets Wearhouse.
Wrasse @ $22.50
Multicolor Lubbock's
Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse
Yellow tail Tamarin
Yellow Banded Pigmy Possum
Long Fin Fairy wrasse (MIA)
Fairy wrasse (not sure exactly what it is)

On another occasion I found a small copperband butterfly that was eating like he had never seen food ;) and a Baby Chocolate tang

And from Total Aquariums I added a Pink skunk who politely evicted the ocellaris from the elegance coral.lol Not to worry the ocellaris has made it's home in my 2 torches.;) As well as a pair of Pylei of which 1 has gone on to fishie heaven since I did see it wasn't doing to good and now has been missing for over 2 weeks.;(

Also found a replacement for my Sohal, not a beautiful as the original one that I got from Michael Stern, but I am hoping that in time with good living his colors will improve. He came out of a 75 gallon tank into my 155.;).

So all in all I am happy with how the tank is doing.

MikeNY, if you read this; I want to tell you that the frogspawn I got from you that couldn't live in this tank has been placed back in it and it is now thriving and looking great.;) So is that SPS I got from you.......

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: