44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Always found it amazing how a fish can just disappear in my tanks. I have a 28g biocube with rock and have had small fish just disappear even thou I can see all around the tank. The bigger mystery is my 120g. How I can lose a large fish and never discover its body. Just vanishes. Amazing. Only logical answer is my dragon eel ate it, don't buy it. He only eats wrasse bodied fish. This has happened many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
It's happened a few times to me as well. My guess is the fish tucks in a crevice within the rock work as it's dying. Eventually the crabs and snails get to it when dead. The carcass could be within the rock work, slowly decomposing. Fortunately, I've never lost that large of a fish to cause an ammonia spike or anything.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I remember every year I went on vacation. I would some how come home to a missing fish. I lost a medium size yellow tank. Never found his body. I understand smaller fish wedge in rock. Maybe it's the Devil's Triangle tank? I never understand it too.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: