ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
I see the trend coming.Going back to the 80's and early 90's when they were terrible.Looks that way again even with A-rod and Posada coming back.I see them finishing near last place.Boston will be the team to beat and I'm a Yankee fan. Even Tampa Bay is better than them.

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yankees decided to go young and took 2 rookie starts instead paying high price on Santana. I think that's the biggest mistake that Yankees made this year. They should've get the Santana and sign Sabathia next year when he is available. You were easily looking at 3 to 5 years domination with those two pitchers. Can you imagine if Yankees have Santana, Sabathia and Wong on their first three starters? That's unbeatable 1, 2, 3 punches.

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
Teams are out hitting and out pitching the yanks.Yanks are leaving too many men in Scoring position.If they can sustain a 6 game winning streak,they can be right back in it but I don't see it.Just being Real.I still love my Yanks.Just don't put my heart into teams anymore but still support them.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Teams are out hitting and out pitching the yanks.Yanks are leaving too many men in Scoring position.If they can sustain a 6 game winning streak,they can be right back in it but I don't see it.Just being Real.I still love my Yanks.Just don't put my heart into teams anymore but still support them.

its may and the yankees are not hitting and pitching well. Have you not been watching the last 10 years?

It's like this EVERY year. Yanks are always slow early in the season. Nothing to be worried about yet.

I feel like we have this conversation every year.

REEF MANIA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
1st of all I'm a huge Met fan. But I know the yanks will me making the playoff as usual. Don't count them out. They will be in the playoffs probaly the wildcard. Boston will win the division. I think they are gonna make a move for a starter. Good luck yankee fans. They are only 6.5 games back with 118 games still to be played. CHILL OUT!

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
I'm not one for patience but all signs point to 3rd place or worse.Wang is their ace but gets tired and leaves the ball up,Pettite gets into trouble walking people,Igawa?...come on.Mussina is somewhat solid.I can see Girradi getting fired if they don't do well this year.A-rod and Jeter are lifetime 300 hitters and a shoe in for the Fame.

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
as standing goes, they are better than last year. I can see them below 500 for the rest of May. July and August are always their months, if they fall in July i can smell a big change with their new stadium. i can see them giving up wang, this may means giving up Taiwan market, financially.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
It's a very difficult start..........again. Unfortunately they're doing it with a new skipper at the helm. Girardi is not Torre. No proven record (long term at least) with an under performing team. I will never count out my bombers, especially with A-Rod and Jorge on the verge of coming back. Gonna be another tough year with two rookies as #4 & 5 starters.

Still only May..............

swimmer

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
The Yankees are both too old and too young at the same time and not getting Sanatana will turn out to be a HUGE mistake. They held on to Kennedy and Hughes, who MAY be great, and didn't get Johan who already IS great. A bird in the hand... Now the young pitchers have the 'we could have had Santana for you' hanging over their heads which will just add to the pressure on them. Add in the fact that Hughes appears to be extremely brittle and you have a classic case of not selling at the top of the market. As for the too old: Giambi, Mussina, Giambi, Matsui, Giambi, Damon, oh and did I mention Giambi? They need to clear a lot of dead wood (and salary space) because they will need four starters for next year unless they choose to pitch Wang EVERY DAY. BTW, I have been a Yankee fan since 1965 and this team reminds me of the crap of the late-60's and early-70's. They are just painfully dull to watch and have no life or spirit. Just my two cents.

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Over the years, we all learned that we can't never count them out this early. However, did you know that Yankees don't have any come back win this year? If you watch their game this year, once they are giving up few runs, all the players seems to give up the game early. Every freaking hitter wants to hit the homerun, and it's really painful to watch them, it's just boring as hell.

Yes, it's still very early and Arod is coming back tonight. I hope he will give some life into this team.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: