winsbxnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
thinking of changing my lighting on my 180 gallon im thinking of going back to t5 i have 3 ai sol fixtures what do you guys think

Attachments

• IMG_20150908_023720.jpg
    IMG_20150908_023720.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 320

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
1-how did you get your rock to stay up there like that
2-after the success I've been having with T5's on my 80 gal SPS tank I'm currently researching the best way to modify my existing 265gal from all Kessil Pendant lights to add T5 bulbs. or VHO. I'm looking into long bulbs or 3 sets of short bulbs because I have 2 braces up top.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
1-how did you get your rock to stay up there like that
2-after the success I've been having with T5's on my 80 gal SPS tank I'm currently researching the best way to modify my existing 265gal from all Kessil Pendant lights to add T5 bulbs. or VHO. I'm looking into long bulbs or 3 sets of short bulbs because I have 2 braces up top.

1- lots of acryclic rods, epoxy and super glue... it works wonders.:lol_large

skunkcleaner

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I went back to t5 after having kessil for about a year .. Couldn't be happier with the switch back and all my sps are really showing better growth and color after just a couple weeks .. Really liked the kessil lights but just something missing still with led

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Switched my 180 from LED to ATI Sunpower 8x80w in January. Best money I have spent in this hobby in a long time. I will happily spend a couple hundred in bulbs every year.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
How much do the fixture run for amd do yhey come in 72 inch

I can't remember if they come in 72" I think they do but they use 36" bulbs next to each other. So pretty much double the amount of bulbs. To be honest for a 180g the 60" fixture using 80W bulbs is more then enough. I am able to grow anything I want anywhere in my tank. I currently have acros and monti's right down to the sandbed growing and looking amazing. I recently added a few pics to my tank thread if you want to take a look.

I paid somewhere around $450 during one of Premiums Aquatics holiday sales last year. That was without bulbs though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: