A

Anonymous

We have a 3 1/2 month old tank and started noticingthese small white spots on the back glass. They flickright off when cleaning using a razor blade. The back glass does not get cleaned as often as the front and sides.

Definately not baby snails because they do not move. I do have some and they are very cute.

Any ideas what these are or what causes this?
Is it a good sign or bad? Some type of coraline algae?

A

Anonymous

I have something similar, but mine look ilke little beginning spirals. I have them on my live rock as well...

The longer they are there, they are getting bigger, and look more & more like little fan worm tubes.....Not sure if that's right, but would appreciate any feedback as well.

------------------

I'm in Park Ridge,NJ / Chestnut Ridge, NY : top of the Garden State Parkway!

A

Anonymous

the white spots on the back glass could possibly be coraline algae. you said your tank was about 3 months old right? if it is coraline algae it would start out as very small white spots.

A

Anonymous

Some of them look to be foraminiferans. I know that I have tons of them.

Brian

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: