• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

redseamax130d

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.9%
24   3   0
To all that lost there tank in the storm let all frag what we can and donate to each other. What most of use started with were small 1x1 in frags so let all help each other. I will be fraging my tank starting December so every one has time to get there tank back up and running. So if you can help or if you need help let me know.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1351979313.747614.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1351979313.747614.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 148

jscarlata

Aspiring Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
That's really nice o you...
Honestly, if I lose it all, I'm shutting down for a few years till my family life gives me more time for my hobbies. As successful as my tank was, in the last few weeks I had become tired of the constant maintenance and frustrating pests like bubble algae and cyano. I'm disheartened by this mess and I plan to rig my house with a whole house natural gas gen over the summer, I'm done with this power loss nonsense. I did the portable gen with extension cords everywhere last year , and it's silly, and now with the gas situation, no way am I getting a gasoline generator. Best if luck to all...siting in my car doing the nightly charge up and run the tank, heat water etc...hope you all get power soon.

jscarlata

Aspiring Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
What does the 400w allow you to run? I thought about getting a big battery and inverter today, but I don't know what to get...
I have a mag 9.5, 3 tunze, and a Warner marine skimmer. The reactors can be shut as can the lights. So to run my 9.5, 1-2 tunze 6095 and a Warner skimmer how many watt inverter do I need. Also, I know we should use deep cycle batteries, but are we looking for 24v or 12v
I'm able to run a tunZe and an air pump with the inverter from my wife's Acadia Denali. For a while I was able to run 150w heater, but it kept tripping the fuse so I went to heating tank water on the stove.

redseamax130d

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.9%
24   3   0
I had a 410 watt that I got at Walmart for $40 and 12v battery from my car I was running 2 27watt pump and a small 100w heater for 12 hours then put it back in the car just so it would charge. I did that for 4 days till I got power back. I also did 5 gallon water change every day.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
What does the 400w allow you to run? I thought about getting a big battery and inverter today, but I don't know what to get...
I have a mag 9.5, 3 tunze, and a Warner marine skimmer. The reactors can be shut as can the lights. So to run my 9.5, 1-2 tunze 6095 and a Warner skimmer how many watt inverter do I need. Also, I know we should use deep cycle batteries, but are we looking for 24v or 12v
I'm able to run a tunZe and an air pump with the inverter from my wife's Acadia Denali. For a while I was able to run 150w heater, but it kept tripping the fuse so I went to heating tank water on the stove.

I would only worry about a circulation pump and heater. No need for a skimmer in times like this.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: