hmakem

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everybody... I'm interested in adding a Harlequin Tuskfish to my 240g tank. I'm hoping that some of you who've had experience with them can help me know if this is a good idea.

The current residents of the tank are:

1 Yellowbar or Halfmoon Angelfish (Pomacanthus Maculosus)
1 Humu Humu Triggerfish
1 Lunar Wrasse
1 Purple Tang.

All these fish are late juvenile/early adult, (I think). The Angel hasn't done his color change yet, but they are all growing visibly. After 6 months or so together, they've had no problems, except for the occasional half-hearted lunge.

I've heard conflicting things about the Harlequin Tuskfish. Some say they're aggressive and do fine with larger, tougher fishes. Others say they are more docile and will be bullied. (Scott Michael did a 180 between the paperback Marine Fishes and the later Wrasses & Parrotfish books.) Do you think one would do OK in this tank?

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got to www.wetwebmedia.com and search Jason Chadokowski's posts about these fish. He's kept many of them and knows them well, has written quite a bit about them. I like that tank size for a HT.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember that you will not be able to keep shrimp and crabs with the tuskfish.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ANEMONEBUFF":2urhpczh said:
Just remember that you will not be able to keep shrimp and crabs with the tuskfish.
Um.. with this list, I don't think that's an issue. :lol:
hmakem":2urhpczh said:
The current residents of the tank are:

1 Yellowbar or Halfmoon Angelfish (Pomacanthus Maculosus)
1 Humu Humu Triggerfish
1 Lunar Wrasse

1 Purple Tang

hmakem

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I haven't been able to find anyone who's tried a combination like this. (Except for LFS, who'll tell you anything'll works!) Helps to hear from someone who's kept a tuskfish in a tank like that...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: