pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
what pump do you use. i want somethig that wont dump alot of water quickly. maxijet 400 was on my mind, is ther something better?

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Dosing pumps are available on the market they pump about 18ml/min they are expensive i have one but i don't know the flow rate if you are interested i can test it and let you know the flow rate.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Can't make a pump recommendation without knowing how high the pump is pumping and also how far the topoff tub is from the sump.

I use a minijet 404 on one of my systems (the RO/DI topoff tub is right next to my sump), and I use a Mag 7 on my other system. I keep the RO/DI topoff tub in another room from my display which I use the Mag 7 on. It pumps the water up to the ceiling (8'), then about 7' through the ceiling tiles to the sump.

So as you can see, different applications require different solutions.

Russ

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I have an aqua medic sp3000 dosing pump i don't know the specs.If you what it let me know.

Last edited:

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
The topoff water is above the sump and is connect to a reef fanatic top unit. I would say the total length is no more than 4 feet maybe more on the 3 foot side since its less that a foot down and about 18" across. At this point I dont think I need a pump but you never know.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
The topoff water is above the sump and is connect to a reef fanatic top unit. I would say the total length is no more than 4 feet maybe more on the 3 foot side since its less that a foot down and about 18" across. At this point I dont think I need a pump but you never know.

If your topoff water is ABOVE your sump, you've got to be careful that the entire topoff reservoir doesn't siphon into your sump all at once. Make doubly sure you've got a siphon break built into that design. It could be a recipe for disaster.

swimmer

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Well right now i dont have a design, I would like to design something that do that job correctly. Any Ideas would help as i was thinking of taking my 20g high take and spliting it in to two sections.

One would be for top off water the other a QT tank. The top off section i would drill it and install a bulk head so i can use PVC pipe and run it to my sump where the float would be.

I am still planning it out but I need something before I go on vacation.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: