Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Hey so I am a donkey and forgot to bring RO/DI water to work to top off my nano at work. It evaports a very small amount, but is running a bit low and I do not think it'll make it through the weekend.

Question is would it be okay to top it off with a bottle of poland spring water? It would only be this one time and maybe 1/2 bottle at room temp.

Other option is I can use the water from the ice machine, our ice machine is industrial and you can either fill the cup with ice or directly with water from the machine. The water line also runs to our industrial kreug that people use for making coffee.

Thanks!

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
more nutriants vs. higher SG...more nutriants would for a short peiord may just cause an algae out break and possibly some brown outs, but IMO a higher SG could cause worse problems..I would also use the Poland Springs and not the ice maker water because it's probably just using tap and then picking up whatever else in cooling process.....then do a WC on Monday...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: