JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Im beginning to add kalk to my top offs, and currently do not have an auto top off or a drip system. Will it be ok if I add 2-3 gallons with recommended amount of kalk at one time for a 125? I usually add 1/2 a 5 gallon bucket at a time, but wondering if this will spike the ph

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
yup, kalk will indeed spike your pH. it is best added slowly. invest in an auto-top-off it will save you a lot of time and add stability to your system.

James983

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
you need to drip kalk slowly. I just drip 1-2 gals slowly overnight. This helps maintain PH through the night as well. Also, watch you salinity as kalk will bump it up depending on how much you use.

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I setup a gallon jug and guess I will just drip in kalk overnight, but think im going to go back to 2 part, because I prefer not to have the risk of ph spike and the hastle of dripping it.

jason18

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the space to put a 20 gal brute garbage can thats what i use with a aqua lifter pump and have a nice slow drip in the sump and i clean it out once a week..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: