Frankie_Marble

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What's up everyone.

I have no idea what's happening to my torch corals. I have already lost my gold torch, the green torch has started to look like it's going to die & the pink one isn't opening up at all. They are all mid to bottom of the tank, I would say medium flow.

Tank is a nuvo 40. I'm doing weekly water changes of 5gallons (coral pro salt)
Water parameters :

Temp = 78.1
Sg = 1.025
PH = 8.1
Ammonia = 0
NO2 = 0
NO3 = 5-10
PO4 = < 0.025

Mg = 1500
KH = 9dkh
Ca = 450

I have has them for a good 5-6 weeks looking amazing. Last few days have been a downward spiral. Don't know what to do. Everything else in the tank looks great. I need some help to save what I have left of them. Please!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Frankie_Marble

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm using red sea test kit as well. Maybe I'm reading the test wrong? Def a possibility. If it was an issue with lighting, wouldn't it have effected them sooner then later?

Frankie_Marble

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had issues with my lps & rscp, I switched to blue bucket.

How is the flow on them?
Light acclimate for awhile?
I would say flow is indirect. Not too strong. I started them all off on the sand bed then moved up one of the 3. The one I moved up lost 1 of 3 heads. It's only mid way.

Frankie_Marble

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I also changed salts from RSCP to coralife after serious issues. RSCP has been the culprit in many reef tanks gone wrong lately...
I have read that mixing the salt dry in bucket before adding to water gets everything equaled out. Otherwise there will be some settling in the bucket. I have used rscp for years & never had an issue. Is it possible I'm doing g too much of a water change, too frequently?

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
You have low, acceptable levels of no3 and po4 so don't think that's an issue. Whatever brand of salt, they can vary batch to batch but not convinced that is the issue neither. Would guess it's lighting, maybe flow, or maybe one of your fish has developed a habit of nipping. Have seen many supposed reef safe fish do this, as well as many supposed fish that aren't reef safe never touch stuff.

Frankie_Marble

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You have low, acceptable levels of no3 and po4 so don't think that's an issue. Whatever brand of salt, they can vary batch to batch but not convinced that is the issue neither. Would guess it's lighting, maybe flow, or maybe one of your fish has developed a habit of nipping. Have seen many supposed reef safe fish do this, as well as many supposed fish that aren't reef safe never touch stuff.
I'm gonna try to move them & see how they respond to that. Hopefully that helps. What kind of light intensity do u recommend? Low light?

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
would recommend moderate. Depending on what type of lights, and how deep the tank, could be higher or lower. You'd know better, judging by your set up, and the other corals needs and how they'r doing.

Frankie_Marble

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
would recommend moderate. Depending on what type of lights, and how deep the tank, could be higher or lower. You'd know better, judging by your set up, and the other corals needs and how they'r doing.
Tank is a nuvo 40 so it's 20" deep. Kessil 360we running at 60% max. I would say just about 8" off the water line. I do have the screen top that deflects some of the light. My plan is to keep moving them around & see if I can find a good home for them. Thanks for your help

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: