bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wipe and re-install and add more RAM to make it 2GB. Avoid going to questionable websites to prevent spyware.

4 yr old system is still more than usuable.

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Acer Awi. I have one and turned the rest of my family on it. My brother in law is a computer tech and he highly recommends it as well. Very reliable at an affordable price.

~James

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thanks guys!!!

My laptop is up, and running just like new thanks to my son.;) But if I do have to end up replacing down the line I will be very likely be looking at the Acers & HP.;)

Staaan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
The HP's processor is pretty out dated.. and with in a matter of time as the web experience gets richer and richer, the computer is only going to slow down.

The absolute lowest in terms of processor you should be looking for is an Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo 2ghz+

As far as gaming, what games do you play? haha

If you're playing flash based games off of Facebook or whatever then pretty much any Intel HD GMA integrated card will be fine.

If this laptop is going to be a "desktop" replacement... I recommend getting the biggest screen you can or getting a smaller laptop with a DVI or HDMI port out so you can hook up a bigger monitor to the laptop.

As far as RAM goes... you're going to want at least 3gb.

As far as company quality goes.. Acer is pretty good.

HP is 2nd (depending on price range)

Toshiba not the greatest (especially in terms of design, I speak from experience)

All companies have good support including hosting drivers, etc on their respective sites. So no worries there.

Also to make sure you really utilize the N frequency WiFi.. you'll have to make sure that you have a N capable router.

So... yeah.. thats just my 2 cents.. haha.

spacenyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
my friend just made this choice

my friend bought a toshiba and an acer last year. she hates the toshiba and loves the acer. toshiba has bad reputation for battery life. i bought a compaq and a hp last year. the hp is much sturdier than the compaq

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: