bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My G3 fits in my 29-gallon-glass-tank sump in a compartment that is 12"x12". You could even get away with 11"x11". Height might be something of concern for you. You'll need about 25".

seas3to5

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one question for you , what are you feeding your fish. I had the same problem for months on end and no one could come up with a answer . I came across a post on a site from Fl. http://www.pbmas.org/forum/viewthread.p ... ad_id=1286
On feeding fish and stopped feeding them dry food, and in three days my tank started to come back. Please let us know if this works for you.

Rick

Galvan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O.K. i just removed the top filter but left the tray in place, the tray has drilled holes so water is now flowing onto the tray (no filter) and into the sump. Is it O.K. to leave the try in place, I mean nothing should accumlate there.

I have also purchased various salifert.

Lastley where is a good place to get a larger sump, the one I'm using is the 7.5 gallon. For my 75Gal what would be a nice size sump without overdoing it. and taking into consideration my water flow. This way will get a better skimmer also.

seas3to5

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop feeding the pellet food. See if that will do it for you. My tank is looking great now that I stopped feeding pellet food. I can't tell you how many water changes I did to try to get rid of the nitrate. I did complete changes when I lived in FL. as water was right in my back yard. After a water change my nitrate would go right back up. I moved to Las Vegas , and thought that I would have the same problem. I installed two 100 gal tank for water, one for RO and one for salt. I was doing 30% changes every two weeks, then I read that post. My problem went away, the tank is doing great, and my nitrate problem is gone!

Rick

Galvan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not feeding flakes or seaweed. From here what is a good food source now that I need to stop on the pellet food.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On feeding fish and stopped feeding them dry food, and in three days my tank started to come back. Please let us know if this works for you.

I should have put that with a quote. I'm asking this guy if he's not feeding flakes or seaweed. My tangs love the seaweed and all my fish eat flakes. I'm wondering if it fouls my tank more than frozen or fresh food.

I would like this person to elaborate on this subject.

Sorry I hijacked your thread a little.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a primary diet of frozen mysis. When I had a tang I also ged nori sheets. I soak my food in selcon several times a week. So with the mysis I defrost a cube in a shot glass, then dump out the juices. Then put in a few drops of selcon and swirl. I let this mixture sit for a bit and feed it to the tank.

On my 75 I use a 20 long sump which works well. A 29 is the same footprint but taller. You can buy one of these at any pet store and get some glass sheeting cut from sears cheap. Use silicone and glue the baffles you got from sears in place to prevent bubbles. I would do three.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben":8meo98o4 said:
I feed a primary diet of frozen mysis. When I had a tang I also ged nori sheets. I soak my food in selcon several times a week. So with the mysis I defrost a cube in a shot glass, then dump out the juices. Then put in a few drops of selcon and swirl. I let this mixture sit for a bit and feed it to the tank.

On my 75 I use a 20 long sump which works well. A 29 is the same footprint but taller. You can buy one of these at any pet store and get some glass sheeting cut from sears cheap. Use silicone and glue the baffles you got from sears in place to prevent bubbles. I would do three.

What type of supplement is Selcon? I've never heard of it.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acid, B12, C, and Marine Lipids, liquid mixture.

Great stuff! I highly suggest using it for healthy fish.

seas3to5

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Galvan
Here is a photo of my tank It's a 150 with a 30 gal sump. The tank looks a lot better after I stopped feeding with pellets. My nitrate problem went away. I fought this problem for over a year. As I said before I even did complete water changes when I lived in Fl. And the nitrate would go right back up. Now I feed with all frozen foods , frozen mysis, brine shimp , krill .

Rick

PS just click on photo to see it.

Galvan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great hope to get mine this way sometime.. Working on making the switch from pellets, I think I should go this slowly due to fish are so used to the pellet food. What do you think.

seas3to5

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Galvan

Here is the deal, just start feeding your fish the frozen food . Your fish will have no problem changing over. Keep the sand clean, add a light to your sump let it run 24\7 60 watts will do, put some algae in the sump. I don't know were you live, but if you can't get any I will send you some. It will help the nitrate problem and you can feed it to your fish by putting it up into your tank when you need it. Take out the sponge , put in a baffle.

Rick

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Galvan
Start by upgrading that skimmer, its the single most important piece of equiptment there and yours looks really suspect.
Macroalgae works well, but mainly at drawing phosphates out the system. it is most often used to fight nuisence algae. get some.
You are on the right track with upgrading your sump. Lose the sponge, go bigger and put in baffles.
Let us know if the feeding changes help.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: