• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Studz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I recently purchased some triop eggs and I succesfully hatched 15 triops, of which 2 survived, I have read that this is normal.

After 4 days I started to give the triops a day/night cycle (turning the light in the tank off at night, etc) once I started doing this I have not seen much activity from my triops. I have a 58Litre tank, and they have been fine in there, until I turned off the light.

There are a lot of fairy shrimp and some daphina running around in there, which the triops for some reason ignored.

the largest of the triops I had hatched was about 4-5cm so they weren't huge.

now my question is is it possible that they have died? I have a chest in the tank, which they frequently went into when the light was on, but came out more or less straight away, is it possible that they have gone in there when it was dark, and beacuse it is dark in there, they haven't realised that it is now light and safe for them to come out?

any help would be fantastic....

Edit:
They seem to have died, now I have purchased some fish instead... much easier to look after :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: