LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hi

We are excited at Aquarium Village to be the Long Island Distributor of the Triton Water Test kit . After a recent presentation of the Triton Method at the November LIRA meeting we decided it would be a product that we and our customers would be interested in . Below is a brief explanation.

Triton Labs Reef Aquarium Water Test
"Empowered Reefkeeping" is at the core of "The Triton Method" , and it all starts with information about your aquarium's water. For the first time ever, reef keepers have access to the most comprehensive analysis of aquarium water ever developed. Developed over several years at his facility in Dusseldorf, Germany, Triton Labs founder, Ehsan Dashti has developed customized protocols to utilize Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectrometry analysis (ICP-OES) to literally rip molecules apart with plasma that is heated to 10,000 degrees Kelvin for analysis. The ICP-OES machine has been adapted by Ehsan to test seawater for the ultimate in accuracy. Water is tested for precise concentrations of lesser known elements found in seawater that are either essential and missing, or detrimental and building up to high levels in the aquarium. The elements being tested for include Na, Ca, Mg, K, Sr, B, Br, S, Li, Be, Ba, Ti, V, Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, Ni, Cu, Zn, Al, Si, As, Sb, Sn, Cd, Se, Mo, Hg, P (PO4), Pb, I.

The results provide you with the most detailed analysis of marine aquarium water you've ever seen, enabling you to understand exactly what's missing, what's excessive, and what to do about it. The results of Triton Reef?s testing are reported back to you online in a simple, easy-to-understand format. If you need to add trace elements, Triton offers ultra-pure trace elements to adjust deficiencies in your aquarium. The benefit to you is being able, for the first time, to add exactly what your corals require for long-term health and growth, or knowing exactly what is building up to potentially detrimental levels. The possibilities with the "Triton Method" include being able to precisely replicate natural the water chemistry conditions from reefs around the world, as well as creating higher potential for success with the information provided by the ICP-OES analysis.

We recommend purchasing a minimum of 3 tests, so that you can take a "baseline" reading of your reef, with a second test to track any adjustments made after the initial test, and a third test to determine what trace elements are being utilized at a higher rate than others after the initial adjustments.
The cost for the analysis is $49.00 Per Test. Discounts are available when purchasing multiple tests.

Buy 3 for $46.00 each and save 7%

Buy 6 for $44.00 each and save 11%

Buy 12 for $41.50 each and save 16%

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Purchase the test kits from Aquarium Village

2) Visit Triton Labs website www.triton-lab.de and click on "Register". You will be prompted to provide a username, password, and email address.

3) You will receive an ID number for your test. Be sure to write down this number on the sticker provided with the test kit or on the vials.

4) Collect the sample from your aquarium by rinsing the 2 test vials 3 times with aquarium water, then fill the vials completely and cap them tightly.

5) Affix the label with your ID number to the filled test vial. Be sure to write down the ID number and keep it in a safe place for future reference.

6) Place the vial containing your sample into the self-addressed envelope provided and return to us.

7) Please allow two weeks for transport and testing of the sample

8) Log in to your account on the Triton site with your username and password to retrieve your test data.

We will also be carrying all Triton Products to make adjustments to your water

NOTE: The price includes shipping

Aquarium Village

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Having your water tested might help some problems people are having with there aquarium's. Everyone thinks there tanks are spot on .
I don't thing the price is out of hand.
One good quality test kit cost as much as one triton test.
For me it was a piece of mind not always trusting test kits .
Results were sent back and I could match this to the result's that I had.
The only item that I was low on was iodine / I always got the same reading from my test kit's.
After all the reading's that you don't need iodine I fell better about dosing it now.

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Think of it more a a bi-yearly or yearly full - on test check. Not something you'll be doing weekly. For around $100.00 / year its a great deal to me.

Glad your offering being close to me.

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Lets remember nobody is forcing anybody to purchase the test kits/products. Also, nobody even said the triton method was a must have. It's merely a alternative method of reef keeping and that is actually how Triton has been advertising it..

Also, I'm pretty sure in this scenario the distributor does not determine the price tag.

For people who are obsessed with their water quality, having your water tested at this level would be worth it. If you aren't into it and don't see it was worth it, carry on.

knutez24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Same price for the triton tests. Even to get them mailed to you is that price. This is just a Great reef store that is offering many different options to hobbyists. We are lucky to have so many of these type stores that are also vendors here on MR.

They also sell different brands of "regular" test kits, I know bought one tonite.

Might even have something fit for a king.....or theking

Thanks to aquarium village for offering so many options to all us local reefers.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I'm really lucky to live 5 min from AV so I'm in at least 1 time a week and AV is always adding more and more to their store they offer the best selection of products that real reef hobbyist use and are in tune with what is new and exciting in the hobby I just bought a triton test online but will buy from AV next time for sure !!

Nice pick up guys !

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: