jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
so im starting up my new 120 build thinking of using the triotn method for it i was doing the triton method on my 57 but was using the other methods soultion bcuz i had no refugium this 120 im planning on having 1 my only concern is does the refuguim have to be first n the sump as opposed to traditional sumps drain skimmer refugium any help will b appreciated thnks

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I know about no filter it?s just as far as da sump the trigger systems 34 is 2 small n the 44 is to big so thats my problem will it still b affective running skimmer then refugium

Hove75

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm not sure but i dont think it matters what order its in... I didn't have a refug in my sump but i cut out the baffles and filer sock chamber to make a bigger area lol and i dont use any of the triton product's either

Hove75

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yup it just depends how big your tank is mine is 100g so u have to use 10% of the tank but i had so much room in my sump i made it into 19 gal and it worked to well now can keep no3 in my tank to save my life lol now im dosing no3

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
A 120 i want to get the triton 34 by trigger systems but bulkreefsupply says its rated 4 100 gallons spoke to triton themselves they said by not having the refugium first it wont be as effective but still could work really dont know but thmnks 4 da advice i figure it out one way or the other

Hove75

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
They really don't want you to add to a Existing tank they want you to add it to a new tank but once again I didn't see any diff between a new tank or old it still get the job done... For instance they want you to use their products but you can buy the products from anywhere else brs sells alk cal all you need to do is add more iron and Elements witch im sure you do already its just up to you how u go bout it only thing new your adding is cheato and really NO WATER CHANGES I haven't done a wc in months hahahh

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I had a 57 using the other methods solutions bcuz of no refugium n it worked great so I?m gonna go that route again breaking my head 2 much thnks 4 all the advice from everyone i will b posting up pics once I get it up n running

Hove75

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ok well nutting to think about your just Nervous cause it's something new but its ez and like I said NO WATER CHANGES that sold me... save money on salt... Ok!!!! Gl if you want more info go to r2r best place to learn

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: