adamizy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'm starting up my 57 setup and I think I'm going to go with tropic Marin salt. Id rather put in the money for the better salt so I don't have to dose too much so figured I go with this one. Any input it appreciated and if anyone has some they'd like to sell or anything let me know cause I'm trying to get some ASAP lol

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
TM is good a salt. It is a matter of choice when it comes on spending the extra money on salt. Basically it's just what makes you happy. Theirs no magic in expensive salt to your basic salt. If your going to have coral especially SPS you will have to dose sooner or later. If you think spending $100 salt will do more than a $40 salt . Then go for it. Just my experience from using different salts. I tried all the expensive salts and I saw no big difference between both except wasting money. Which you can spend on something your going to use in this hobby. It starts adding up if you do a lot of WC.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I use Instant Ocean (not Reef) and I'm very happy with result. Although I do not have SPS's (except green birdsnest) I dose alkalinity and calcium to boost those values a little bit. I started from Red Sea salt but it was waste of money so I switch to IO. Some stores have great prices from time to time on this salt.

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
You can order from dr foster. They ship directly to your house so you don't have to deal with picking up.

I recently switched back to dd ocean from esv and tank is finally coming back around

bonomo53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
I have the same size tank and if you plan on keeping a good amount of sps you will need to dose no matter what salt you use. The only exception may be coral pro. Ive used tropic marin and noticed no difference in corals compared to the regular instant ocean i use now.

adamizy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have the same size tank and if you plan on keeping a good amount of sps you will need to dose no matter what salt you use. The only exception may be coral pro. Ive used tropic marin and noticed no difference in corals compared to the regular instant ocean i use now.

I see on dr foster they have tropic Marin pro-reef. Is that what you're talking about?

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I'm on IO for a long time but I dose and 10% WC every week, sometimes every 2 weeks. I decided I will stop WC for some time, maybe a month or so to see any changes in the system. My corals are very happy and inflated like hell. We'll see what's gonna happen in a month.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: