bassmaster09

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody seen or has had any experience with a True Percula clownfish pairing with a Long Tentacle anemone. I brought a True perc about 3 weeks ago and I wanted to find him a host anemone. I couldn't get a hold of a magnifica or carpet anemone and while browsing thru my fav aquarium store i saw this magnificent LTA I could not resist. Long a behold about 5 days later my perc is swimming thru the tentacles of my LTA. I guess my question is, is this a common thing or does this rarely happens?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've no direct experience of this, though have seen Percs hosting in BTAs in other people's tanks. Was the Perc tank-raised? This tends to be more likely if the fish is not wild-caught.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can expect clownfishes to host anything they find suitable, including a powerhead. So, no, hosting in a long tentacle anemone doesn't sound so odd to me. :)

iseeweed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish has hosted a goniopora, and a torch coral at the same time. The two corals are next to each other, and the clown just bounces back and forth.

bassmaster09

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys for your replies. After watching them for a few days and doing some research I notice tha my LTA has taken on a look similar to that of a Magnifica anemone which is also from the pacific. He looks right at home in it so I won't concern myself about it anymore. Do anybody has an idea though about how long they could live together, asuming they both stay healhty ? :D

Attachments

• Photo0037A.jpg
    Photo0037A.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 147

Brian5000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think clowns being in the damsel family could live something like 20 years...anemones are theorized to live centuries.

Make sure you have plans for them in your will :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bassmaster09":1i6jf40u said:
Thanks guys for your replies. After watching them for a few days and doing some research I notice tha my LTA has taken on a look similar to that of a Magnifica anemone which is also from the pacific. He looks right at home in it so I won't concern myself about it anymore. Do anybody has an idea though about how long they could live together, asuming they both stay healhty ? :D
Assuming perfection in all? Decades. You may have to provide for the anemone in your will. :D
:lol: Oh shti, I should read all the posts FIRST.

bassmaster09

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again guys for answering my questions. Here's an updated pic of the LTA and it's occupant. I understand clownfish can be very teritorial. With that said, Is there any chance of pairing my True Perc with another one in hopes of finding a mate for it or is it too late? :wink:

Attachments

• Photo0083.jpg
    Photo0083.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 111
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find one considerably smaller than the current occupant and I'd say you'd have a good chance. Small enough not yet to have turned female.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: