Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
I've heard that if you dont touch zoa frags thet grow faster; if you move them it stunts growth. Is this true since Ive noticed better growth when my red hornets were in an unshaded algae filled area and I got better growth by not touching them. Just curious. Learn something new everyday..

Last edited:

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I do believe that the less you stick your hand in the tank, the better your tank does.

One time I left my tank without water change for about a month, compared to the usual biweekly water change, and the growth of the corals was significantly better.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Keeping your hands out of the tank is important. They will often pout for awhile when they are moved from one location to another and that could slow growth.
They also like 'dirty' water - water with more nutrients in it (than SPS would thrive in).
Some zoas like to be higher up than others and some only do well on the bottom of the tank. Many are ok at mid level and even fewer like it up by the top in brighter light.
Some zoas grow way faster than others as well.

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
oh i thought this was a reef myth debugging thread...

i was going to put a MYTH about kris being a gangsta :biggrinpa

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Keeping your hands out of the tank is important. They will often pout for awhile when they are moved from one location to another and that could slow growth.
They also like 'dirty' water - water with more nutrients in it (than SPS would thrive in).
Some zoas like to be higher up than others and some only do well on the bottom of the tank. Many are ok at mid level and even fewer like it up by the top in brighter light.
Some zoas grow way faster than others as well.

Exactly, it sounds like consistent results across the board :smash:

R

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: