tsouth

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
~Min/Max~

Current FTS. 4.8.2016: See Thumbnails

Hey MR, I hope all is well with you. First and foremost, I'd like to say that I appreciate any and all constructive insight and feedback towards this tank. I've done a fair share of reading and the community here seems top notch. I look forwards to the next meet up!

Background:
My name is Thomas and I am currently going through the motions on a new Fluval Spec V. I have recently moved here (Fort Greene) from NE Florida and am a Software Engineer in Testing (QA). I'd happily trade computer services for frags :)

I'm going to do my best to keep this tank somewhat simple. I am a fan of open spaces and minimalist design as well as architecture, and believe that the aquascapes we create are most definitely unique to each of personal vision. It's really great to see what everyone creates.

Filtration:
Dry Rock. (Seeding with LR Rubble. Will be removed once the cycle is over.)
Oolitic sand
Chaeto (maybe). Suggestions welcome here. If not biological then chemical.
Filter pad
ChemiPure Blue

Equipment:
AI Prime soon to come
InTank Media Basket
Aqueon 600 series pump
Neotherm 25w

Stocking Plan:
Mostly LPS, zoas, rics with a dash of sps. Usual CuC, and a designer clown. Pedersoni shrimp, a crab, and considering a mini carpet.

Attachments

• rV6SnbF.jpg
    rV6SnbF.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 267
  • p0tK23l.jpg
    p0tK23l.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 272
  • r2KZJfi.jpg
    r2KZJfi.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

tsouth

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The light is a new stock unit on the Spec V's. It's not full spectrum, but i am curious as to what the par levels are on such a shallow tank. 2 of the led's are blues, the remainder are whites. Specs: The light is listed as 10 input watts, 7.4 LED watts, 821 lumens, 7000k temp, 37 leds.

Attachments

• 20160412_005140.jpg
    20160412_005140.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
damn that looks way better than the stock light i got on my spec v. maybe i shouldve waited.

are the two blues enough blue? i have a true lumen strip supplementing the old stock light and ive been successfully keeping zoas, mushrooms and xenia.

tsouth

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It really does have a nice color, but I can't give you a definitive yes. Reason being is that I am still going through my cycle and haven't put any livestock under the lights yet. I do believe it's satisfactory, but it's not ideal.

If I can get my hands on a new light by the end of the month, we can work something out and you are more than welcome to test it on your tank. It's really nice with regards to form factor and I am really curious to see how well it perform.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: