Tubes on LR

I recently started seing this tube like things on my rock and i cant figure out what it is. Now i noticed it started growing on acouple corals but it does not seem to do any damage to the coral itself. Any idea what it is??

img00006-20130204-1451.jpg
[
img00003-20130204-1449.jpg

Last edited:

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Do they have web like strands coming out when you feed. If so then they are vermitid snails. They are fine, though they can irritate coral at times.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I havent really touched it to see if its hard or soft. I do noticed they tend to grow all around the tank and around some corals too :(. some of them look like pods or small miniture pineapples

Well this description changes things. The small pineapple looking things are pineapple sponges. Not bad, but in large number they are not exactly nice looking either.

Not that I know of. You can pick them out by hand. they may also go away on their own, when nutrients come down

I hate taking apart my rock scape because i never seem to put it back the way i wanted it to be...lol :teeth:

I had a clown die on me about a month and a half ago and now a chromis died on me a week ago (both fish were nowhere to be found). could this be the cause for the sponges to grow??

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: