masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Before you pull the trigger, do your due diligence for replacement parts. Keep in mind the pre-filters and membrane will last a fraction of the time a standard 10" cartridge will last. The Tunze Thin-Film Composite Membrane, from my brief search will run about $67 when a standard 100gpd 10" membrane is only $43. The Tunze carbon block filter is about $10, same price as the 10". And the Preliminary filter with O-ring seal is about $14-$15 which is 3x the amount of a standard 10". Oh, and take note, this is an RO unit with no DI component. Again, due to the tiny size of these components you will be replacing them quite often.

Hope this helps.
Russ

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
My pistol is in the holster..lol..trust me I'm no impulse buyer(more like an investigative buyer)my problem is I only do 5 gallon water changes a week being that I only have a 34 gallon tank and I'm not looking to spend a fortune.and by no means I'm not skimping out for water quality just want a nice reliable unit for a fair price.any ideas?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
A full size RO/DI is only going to run in the $150-$160 range. The difference is going to be the replacement costs for the components and the frequency of the changes. The filters are going to be more expensive as well as need replacement MUCH more frequently. I honestly don't see this nano RO costing less than a full size, not by a long stretch.

Russ

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Before you pull the trigger, do your due diligence for replacement parts. Keep in mind the pre-filters and membrane will last a fraction of the time a standard 10" cartridge will last. The Tunze Thin-Film Composite Membrane, from my brief search will run about $67 when a standard 100gpd 10" membrane is only $43. The Tunze carbon block filter is about $10, same price as the 10". And the Preliminary filter with O-ring seal is about $14-$15 which is 3x the amount of a standard 10". Oh, and take note, this is an RO unit with no DI component. Again, due to the tiny size of these components you will be replacing them quite often.

Hope this helps.
Russ

I agree 100%. Plus, I bought a 3 (4? membrane, pre-filter, carbon, DI) stage RO/Di brand new for $100. Same starting price as the Tunze and it's much cheaper to replace cartridges.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: