PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For starters,forgive me for asking. But I am very confused on how to install my new Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155:headache:. The directions are not clear to me cause of the poor translation. I am going to be using a 5 gallon BPA free container as a reservoir and I would like to install it on my Aqueon Sump Model 3. I am looking to put the outlet hose in the return chamber (just above the water line to prevent back siphoning) and attach the sensors in the same chamber. I've looked high and low for installation vids online and all I could find are unboxing videos, review videos and videos of the unit working. Any help will greatly be appreciated.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
You clip the float into the little bracket on the magnet that you have to insert into the slot and the sensor goes into the one that's already in with the hash marks that can slide up and down. Then place it at the desired height. Make sure you clean the plastic of the electronic eye with warm soapy water and rinse it well before installing. If not it can keep overfilling where the alarm will go off. That happened with me. You put the pump in whatever you want to use as your reservoir and run the fill line where you want it. I just zip tied mine where I wanted it.

When it activates don't worry when it keeps filling after the height for a short it does that on purpose so it doesn't cycle as many times a day.

Here's a thread I put up about it and Tunze got back to me:

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum...yone-thats-going-buy-new-tunze-osmolator.html

Good luck.

Last edited:

PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You clip the float into the little bracket on the magnet that you have to insert into the slot and the sensor goes into the one that's already in with the hash marks that can slide up and down.

They both have the hash marks that can slide up and down. Only one has two brackets. Which one do I put the float switch on and do I put the sensor on the same magnet as the float switch or put it on the other magnet by itself?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: